Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Blessing of Forward Sight

As Far back as I can remember, I have always had this ability which I call a gift. Thinking back, I recall using it in the 8th grade pretty regular. I played football and that is the year that the coaches became hard nosed and practices were no longer social occasions. I was not the greatest at running. I hated it and it hurt. But I never quit because of it. I knew that if I stuck with it, the running would be over eventually. That is how I kept my head in it. I still have the gift of looking forward at the end result to mitigate my current situation and my attitude towards it. For example, I am burned out deluxe on school. I been going for forever and now that I am no longer in the paralegal program taking classes that interest me, I feel it even more. However, at least once a week, I remember that if I can make it through this semester, only 9 more classes to go! I get all giggly just thinking about it! That is what keeps me from throwing my hands up and saying screw it waaay more often than not, I promise you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You were going like a house on fire with keeping your blog up to date ... then ... I'm guessing work and school took over :-) I have no excuse so I'm actually quite impressed with all you have done, continue to do .. and have planned for the future! You GO, Shane Griffen .. but go with God for he will never lead you astray!

    ReplyDelete