Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lottery Dreams

On occasions, my wife Katherine and I will go buy a Powerball ticket and hope for a big win. One of my favorite things to do is to day dream about what I would do with the money if we did win it. I don't mean like buy this and go there kind of stuff ( I would buy alot of cars and go to Europe for at least a month). But what good could I do with that money. The old addage is that to whom much is given, much is expected. I agree. My very first time out thinking about what I would like to do, it was only centered on helping animals and kids by donating to traditional charities. But one day, I thought of this idea that would mean so much to me if I were able to do it. I would love to be able to, by some process unbeknownst to me as yet, sponsor both a single mom who is really trying to make something of her life for her kids, but is having a rough time of working full time and going to school, and a guy that is like me, trying to raise a family and make a better life for them by working full time and then going to school at night. My thinking is I would choose the two beneficiaries, then agree to either put them in a nice house if they are not currently in a good living situation, or agree to take make their house payments for the time they are in school. Additionally, they would get a brand new car to drive with insurance paid for, and a monthly stipend of $2000.00. In return, the beneficiaries are required to maintain a full time schedule, a 3.0 grade point average, and remain out of legal trouble. Upon their graduation from school, they will be given both their house and car to keep as their own, and the monthly stipend will continue for one year after graduation or until they are gainfully employed. I think that would be awesome and kinda feed my need to further education in our area. Nice dream, maybe one day I can make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment