Sunday, July 26, 2009

Figure this out

So I am sitting at the table eating my breakfast and I start thinking. Where did this new found concern for my weight and health come from? It seriously just materialized out of nowhere. I am loving it though. I have stopped eating 20-30 hot dogs a week, countless sandwiches and chips and sweets. I now snack on fruit, both at home and at work. I get at least 5 pieces of fruit a day in and even some vegetables too, which I am thinking about upping. I also have a different attitude towards food. I don't crave it all the time. In addition to all this, I have spent the last week using my morning time to ride the recumbent bike and using 5 pound weights to do arm exercises while doing it. I know all this added together has made me feel so much better about myself. I have more energy and a much better attitude. I may have an explanation for where it came from. I recall not long ago, I was floundering. I specifically recall I was trying to figure out why, even though I truly wanted to, I could not for anything get myself motivated to lose weight. I desperately tried using the motivation of staying around longer for my wife and step daughter and our kids to come. So in depseration I told the Lord that I needed help. I wanted my wife to have a good life and I wanted to be the one to give it to her till well into our advanced age. I truly believe that is where this came from. HE knew I needed help, and he came to the rescue. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment